Wednesday, August 23, 2017

literature recommendation: "Fettnäpfchenführer Korea" (eng:To avoid unpleasent situations in Korea)

literature recommendation: "Fettnäpfchenführer Korea" (eng:To avoid unpleasent situations in Korea)

by Rosalie 


 





Hi Lovelies,

at the moment I have summer vacations and in this time I am able to read more often. While I read this book I thought about you and now I will do a short book recommendation for you. I hope you are interested in literatur about asia?? :)

I plan on writing more about book's with the content of Korea and Japan, since I always wanted to travel to Korea one day.

So it was one of these fine day's when I wanted to start doing something for my plan. Because of money and not beeing fluent in language I am a bit inhibited so I decided I shoulld start my plans with buying a guidebook. At the book store I found this book to avoid unpleasant situations, wich is kind of written as a storry. I was so excited that I bought it right away... :D







Text on the backside of the book:
It can happen that in Korea people trow salt at you, or your boss is feeding you or some strangers in public transportations will take away your bag - all neat thing's, these people simply wanna make you more compfortable. Men with make up are not rare, but dog's  to eat are not common. Andyou should always take your deodorant with you on a trip to Korea because you will be the only person hwo needs this. Korea is a unknown place for us (in this situation I think he means the german people haha) and it is absolutely common for us to get into unpleasant situations. Also collage student Julia and internshipmen Nico are really bballi bballi as the korean people would say be because of the every day life in Korea. They come from temple to wedding to burial to red-light district. In these situation's it is pretty normal to do something wrong. But luckily the korean people are really friendly and forgive these mistakes. Because you also know: even a monkey can fall from a tree.




 It's a bigger book serie where each book is about a different country. In the picture abouf you can see as an example the China version and I also have read the book about Japan. 



In total there are two story's, from Julia and from Nico. And I think they have they're problems in the beginning but in the end they have grown a lot and are able to understand the korean people so much better. They are so sad after they have left Korea.



 

This book is written in german language, but I don't really know if you can buy it in english, too. If you know please let me know!! Or do you have similar book's in your country's language??


In the beginning of the book is also an map of Korea, where you can follow in the story and see where our hero's are right now.



In the following you can see how the capitle is: 










In the end it is always interesting to see wich mistakes Julia or Nico have done. Sometimes you realize that they have done something wrong but couldn't say how to make it correct. The writer of the book also has 3 different headlines for "good job" "you can make it betther" and "everything went wrong" in korean language. It's really fun.

In general korean people are different to german people in lifestyle, speaking, family, wedding, culture, history... but especially in the last point I also could see that there are some similarity's. The people there are always nice to Julia and Nico. They help them and forgive mistake's. Because of this book I am more and more willing to travelk to Korea one day but time and everything... who can know this right now??? :D
But I will inform you about everything! <333

Also I am planning on reading more book's of this row. I am really interested in Vietnam and Thailand. I hope these book's are as much fun to read as this book was.
 


I hope you like this literature recommendation. If you also want to recommend me some book's just let me know. I want to write about the Japan and China book as well so not miss this post make shure to follow me on  facebook and twitter. <33


 


No comments:

Post a Comment